- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.Q6qPkwFC.dpuf Buildings Evacuated Following Carbon Monoxide Scare | Bronx News Networkbronx

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Buildings Evacuated Following Carbon Monoxide Scare

Salt, placed on roads to offset slick conditions caused by Sunday’s snow storm, was the likely cause of two manhole fires on Ogden Avenue in Highbridge on Monday morning (photo: Tony Richards).
While the fires themselves didn't damage anything above ground, several buildings between 164th and 165th Streets were evacuated due to dangerously high carbon monoxide levels.
According to firefighters and Con Edison officials, salt can eat through underground electrical wiring. More here on the West Bronx News Network. There were similar fires in Harlem, too.


Post a Comment

Bronx News Network reserves the right to remove comments that include personal attacks, name calling, foul language, commercial advertisements, spam, or any language that might be considered threatening, libelous or inciting hate.

User comments are reviewed by BxNN staff and may be included or excluded at our discretion.

If what you have to say is unrelated to this particular post, please visit our readers' forum.